Competency testing through MYSKILLS
Michael Van der Cammen
Identify informally or non-formally acquired competencies through technology-based testing
- Goal: MYSKILLS aims to identify informally or non-formally acquired competencies through technology-based testing.
- Improves career guidance, placement and further education
- Target group: low-skilled workers, migrants, qualified Workers, who have not used their skills in corresponding jobs for a long time
- Key points: MYSKILLS is an improvement of previous validation tools:
- Being multilingual and culturally sensitive
- Including visual-based learning and simulation
- Delivering reliable, objective and valid results through a standardized test on competencies
- Assessing vocational competencies in action fields (instead of full formal qualifications)
- Being quick and affordable enough to allow it to be scaled up to a large number of clients
- Each profession Test holds 5 - 8 different action or competence fields
- Each action field has several associated specific tasks
- The action fields:
- are clearly separable,
- represent occupational areas / assignments in companies,
- are oriented towards existing partial qualification models,
- and represent the full vocational proficiency (as established in the vocational education and training (VET) regulations).
- The presentation will not only focus on the content but will also demonstrate the test and test results.
About Michael Van der CammenCountry
Federal Employment Agency
Michael van der Cammen started working for the German Public Employment Services in 2003. There, he took part in a key reform project, centralising public tenders in the field of active labour market policy measures from the local employment offices to the head office.
2005 Michael van der Cammen changed to the international relations department, which he headed from 2010 onward. Between 2013 and 2015 Michael van der Cammen was responsible for the Coordination unit Migration. Development of approaches to a better participation of migrants and refugees in the labour market were part of his key activities. Since 2016 he has taken over responsibility for the area migration and refugees.